Subject: Re: GigaMem
From: [email-masked] (Scott A Jones)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 20:24:15 CST

On Jun 17, D. (D. Kim Stickler) wrote:

> 
> > 
> >    Is your 030 a true 030 or the cheaper version with no MMU? If it's the
> > latter, then Gigamem will NOT work, as it requires a fully functional MMU unit!
> 
> Brad, how can I find out? Is MMU mentioned in the INFO readout? I have no
> docs for my accelerator. It is Grass Valley Products and came with a hard
> drive and SCSI controller.
> 	Thanks.
> 	Kim Stickler
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> 
> 

Hi Kim,

take a look at your CPU on the GVP board.  If it is the MMU-less
CPU it will read something like EC030.  The EC stands for economy
I beleive..  Unfortunetly it does not have the MMU...

A program like SysInfo should tell you without having to open up 
your box. 

Hope that helps..
Scott A Jones

 _____________________________________ ____________________________________
|      ____                           |                                    |
|     /    \                          |  I Tried MS-DOS once....           |
|     \____   ____ ___  __   ___ __   |        But I didn't Inhale!        |
|          \   /  /__  /__> /__ /  \  |------------------------------------|
|     \____/  /  /___ /  \ /___ \__/  |      !uunet!plains!stereo!jones    |
|                                     |    [email-masked]   |
|_____________________________________|____________________________________|